The best opportunities are the ones you create yourself. – Antasha Durbin Click To Tweet

Chances are you landed on this article because you want to be a spiritual entrepreneur. It's your mission to make a positive difference in the world AND make a living doing it. Right?

But you're probably not sure how to get started. Or if you even should.

Perhaps you're even asking yourself questions such as:

  • Is it even ethical for me to earn money selling spiritual products or services? Spoiler alert: It's not only ethical — but it's also transformational! Think about all of the spiritual and self-help books changing the world one reader at a time or the services such as coaching, teaching, and online courses that empower people to believe in themselves and achieve their dreams.
  • How do I monetize my gifts? We'll cover this 'How to get started as a spiritual entrepreneur' section below.
  • Can I actually make an income doing what I love? YES, yes, YESSSSSS!

In this article I'm going to breakdown the ways I make money as a spiritual entrepreneur, how I got started and how you can get started too!

My journey to become a spiritual entrepreneur

I started my blog back in 2017. My goal was to help people and monetize my passion for writing along the way.

Unlike many other people, I did not find instant success.

In fact, I explored various avenues before I began to earn a real income as a spiritual entrepreneur. I'll be honest, at times it was frustrating. I felt like I was doing all of the right things, but they just weren't working for me.

I'm sharing this because there are so many people out there who will sell you on their "overnight" success in order to push their own agenda (products and services). I'm not going to do this. I want you to know it's okay — more than okay actually… it's normal! — if you don't find immediate success. Chances are you'll probably have to try a bunch of different stuff before you find what works for you.

By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others. Click To Tweet

As you work toward your goals, remember each journey is unique. What works for one person won't work for every person. If things take longer then you had hope for don't beat yourself up. Instead, consider all of the invaluable lessons (such as patience) life is teaching you along the way.

In the next section, I will walk you through how I earn money as a spiritual entrepreneur. Keep in mind, these approaches might not work for you or even interest you. That's okay! As long as you keep going you will eventually find your stride too.

How I earn money as a spiritual entrepreneur

Online Courses:

In 2018, I began exploring different ways to make money as a spiritual blogger. While the internet with ripe with suggestions, most of them were garbage (such as sell ad space).

For the vast majority of bloggers, ads will pay pennies – not dollars – and they'll disrupt the experience people have when they find your content. My two cents: don't promote ads unless you're an affiliate promoting content you actually use and believe in.

In order to gain some real-world knowledge, I purchased an online course about how to build a profitable blog. I wanted my content to reach AND help more people, and I wanted to be able to turn my passion into an income. The course I purchased was created by a 7-figure earner and it did help me understand how to bring traffic to my website and build and engage my email list. That said, it didn't turn me into a millionaire or overnight success.

After I finished the course, I decided to build my own. I selected Udemy as the hosting platform before it was super intuitive and straightforward. My initial course was about manifestation, and I truly had the mindset, "if you build it they will come." Unfortunately, my course didn't become as successful as I hoped… and I ended up feeling a bit defeated as a result.

Looking back I realize that course wasn't that successful because it was my first one, and I was clueless about how to structure a course so learners would be engaged and extract maximum value. I've since unpublished that course and learned a very valuable lesson: slow and steady DOES win the race. You can't rush life.

Onward…

I've since gone on to create 11 additional online courses, hosted on a variety of platforms, Udemy included. One course has gone on to become a best-seller and drew the attention of a publisher.

You serve the best by doing what you love the most. Click To Tweet

Here are the platforms I use to sell my courses:

  • Udemy
  • Skillshare
  • Scribd
  • WordPress* These courses are privately hosted and sold directly to my email list.

How much do I earn?

I know what you're thinking: That's great, but how much do you actually earn!?

It varies.

I earn anywhere from $400 to $1,000+ a month depending on the month and whether I promote any of the courses. Skillshare and Udemy have a payment structure that is somewhat restrictive and based on minutes watched or a percentage of the total purchase sale. With Udemy, you typically make just a few dollars per sale, and with Skillshare it can vary greatly but tends to be slightly less than Udemy.

When I launch my own courses, I am in control of the pricing structure and I keep all of the earnings. But, that also requires a lot more heavy lifting on my end. This is why I do a combined approach. That way my earnings are almost 100% passive and typically require minimal effort once the courses are live.

Etsy Stores:

I have two Etsy shops and I started them both for fun. I legitimately had no expectations and was just looking for another way to unleash my creativity and explore alternative options.

One shop is a spiritual shop filled with mostly digital downloads such as a vision board kit, spiritual journal, and manifestation planner. The other is a vintage store filled with beautiful, hand-curated items selected to bring people joy.

Both shops are fairly new. I started the spiritual one during the beginning of Covid, and the vintage one right after Christmas 2020.

How much do I earn?

I earn anywhere from $100 to $600 per month, with an average around $250 to $300.

The first month I launched my spiritual shop I made a few hundred dollars. I tested Etsy ads and those worked pretty well, but they required constant upkeep and monitoring to ensure you don't lose money. I decided to abandon the ads, and let things move naturally. As a result, the digital shop has slowed down a lot, but the vintage shop has really picked up!

Freelance Writing and Marketing

The bulk of my income comes from freelance work which is good news for me because I love writing! I specifically work with mission-oriented companies that aim to make the world a better place.

Typical activities include writing website copy, email content, and blog articles. I also freelance for a variety of spiritual publications.

How much do I earn?

It depends on how many clients I am working with as well as how many projects I take on. Usually I make $5,000 to $7,500 a month doing freelance work.

Unlike my courses, this income is NOT passive. It takes a lot of time and energy to balance a portfolio of clients and make sure I am representing their brands in a meaningful and effective way. That said, it's really enjoyable and I am so grateful for every opportunity the Universe brings me.

How do I find opportunities as a spiritual entrepreneur?

Before I create a new course, I review my blog analytics to see which articles trend over time. This way the courses I create are based on a topic of ongoing interest, rather than a fleeting viral topic. I use these articles as a basic outline for what I will teach in my course, and fill in the details.

For Etsy, I design all of my own digital downloads and I also hand-select the products I feature on my vintage shop.

In terms of clients, most of them find me. It tends to be a very serendipitous experience — I think in large part because I am open to work and actively putting myself out there. But it wasn't like this in the beginning — I did all of the heavy liftings at first. I narrowed down publications I wanted to work with and industries of interest to me. Then I spent a few years writing and building my portfolio.

How to get started as a spiritual entrepreneur

The first step is to figure out what you want to do. Ask yourself, "How can I best use my talents to serve others?"

Whatever your answer is will be an excellent starting point. From there, you can begin to craft a plan and outline some next steps that make sense for you.

For example, if you love writing and want to uplift people through your words, your plan might look like this:

  • Step 1: Start a blog and post weekly
  • Step 2: Identify outlets to write for
  • Step 3: Begin reaching out to outlets and identifying new opportunities

Of course, this is an oversimplified plan but you get the idea. The purpose is to lay out exactly what you need to do and then do it!

Ready to take the next step in your journey? Check out this article featuring 11 ways to make money as a spiritual entrepreneur. Hopefully, it will give you some insight and inspiration for how you can turn your passion into a real income.

Sending love, Xx,

Antasha

About Antasha Durbin: Antasha is a spiritual writer and life-long student of the universe. Her website, cajspirituality.com, is dedicated to simplifying the spiritual experience and making it attainable for everyone. Follow her for free, easy-to-digest, and highly actionable advice on spirituality, mindfulness, and empowered living.

3 Real Ways I Earn Money as a Spiritual Entrepreneur

Sign Up to Receive this FREE 7-Day Mindset Coaching Journal!

Isn't it time you started living the life you've always imagined?